Transformers Universe Bot con round up
I know this is a bit late but here is a round up of information about Transformers Universe from Bot con which was on earlier this month. For those who don’t know Transformers Universe is an MMO that is being developed by Jagex of Runescape fame.
Here are the main points of what was announced at the con:
- Hasbro and Jagex have joined forces to develop and publish a TRANSFORMERS MMO.
- The title of the MMO will be TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE.
- TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE will be an action orientated MMO.
- In TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE players will be able to create and play as their own AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON, designing and customising the character to fit their game play style, combat preferences and appearance.
- After looking at the mechanics, the iconic TRANSFORMERS IP, and the TRANSFORMERS heritage Jagex distilled this into core themes which are present throughout the TRANSFORMERS universe: conflict, teamwork, and social regard (the AUTOBOTS caring for the humans)
- TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE sits within the “Prime” timeline, along with the book Exodus, the War for Cybertron games and the Prime cartoon.
- The game will be released in 2012.
Here is the Teaser trailer that was released:
Now to wrap it up some concept art and some character cut outs.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.