Halo 4 Limited Edition and multiplayer detailed
Microsoft Studios has revealed and detailed the Limited Edition version of Halo 4 and have also released detailed introduction to the Halo 4 multiplayer called Halo Infinity multiplayer.
Halo 4: Limited Edition gives players a large array of items including free access to three post launch multiplayer map packs (total of nine maps for free), early access to six specializations which will be available to non limited edition players over a period of time, unique skins and more. Away from the extra in game content the Limited Edition will come bundled with ‘Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn’ special edition which is an extended version of the live action Halo series which premieres this October.
Along with the Halo 4 Limited Edition announcement Halo Infinity multiplayer has officially been introduced. ‘Halo 4’ multiplayer will take place on the UNSC Infinity which will operate as a hub for your multiplayer experience. On the ship you will build your own Spartan IV super soldier, and enter your Halo 4 multiplayer career. According to Microsoft Studios “your multiplayer experience will be embedded in the fiction of “Halo” like never before”. The game will have two multiplayer modes called Spartan Ops and War Games.
War Games are your standard competitive Halo multiplayer mode and it will introduce some new game modes into Halo multiplayer universe.
Spartan Ops is a story drive episodic experience which intersects with the Halo 4 campaign. The mode will see new content added to on an episodic basis with a weekly series of cinematic episodes on Xbox Live. Spartan Ops will centre on the UNSC Infinity leaders and crew, and a new team of Spartans – Majestic Squad. These cinematic episodes will provide the backdrop for the weekly Spartan Ops gameplay missions. Spartan Ops will be playable in singleplayer or in four player co-op.
Finally here is the full breakdown of the Limited Edition according to a Microsoft press release.
“Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
- Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
- The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
- Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin
- Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- An exclusive in-game emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
- Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armor set
- “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
- “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of
- “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
Halo 4: Limited Edition will be available for €64.99/$99.99 (price may vary on a store by store basis).
Halo 4 will be available on November 6, 2012 for Xbox 360.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.