Ghost Recon: Future Soldier gets a PC release date
Ubisoft has announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be available for purchase on June 15. Ubisoft also revealed that there would be no always on internet connection needed to play the game.
The PC version will have unique features which will not appear on the console version of the game. The features include:
- PC high standard visuals (DX11 renderer, new Hi-Quality Assets, new Post Process Effects, multi-monitor solutions support, TriDef stereoscopic support).
- DirectX11 enhanced: Tessellation (for soft 3D models), Compute Shaders-based realistic lighting (for Global Illumination), Volumetric Fog.
- Online Widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen.
- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system.
- Party text Chat.
- Uplay Friends system
- Fully customizable controls for the localized keyboards
For people wondering about always on internet DRM you don’t need not worry. You will only need to have your internet on for a one-time product registration at first launch using your Uplay account and when using the games online modes.
Finally here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7 (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card DIRECT X: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card HDD space : 25 GB
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista & 7
- VIDEO CARD: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.