NIS America announces four new games
During NIS America’s recent press event, the publisher announced Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded, Assault Spy, and Switch version of Happy Birthdays.
The first game announced was Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, a first person turn based dungeon crawler with visual novel style story telling. The game is set for a fall 2018 release for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.
About Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk:
Become the living book, Tractatus de Monstrum, and command a brigade of puppet soldiers as you navigate the twisting passageways of the labyrinth of Refrain.
When at your base, prepare for your journey by upgrading your brigade! Create new puppet soldiers, assign them different squads and formations, synthesize better equipment, take requests from townsfolk, and get assistance from Dronya in the form of Witch Petitions.
Once you’ve entered the labyrinth, be sure to search every nook and cranny as you jump over barricades, solve puzzles, and smash your way through walls to delve further and further downward in search of treasure and rare artifacts. But be careful, the more riches you obtain, the more vicious the dungeon becomes. Can you survive long enough to bring your haul back?
Fight past terrifying monsters by giving orders to your puppet brigade. Change their formation, use special skills, or call for an allout attack! The battles you face will be challenging, so your success depends on your preparation and your strategy.
- A Massive Maze – Dive into the miasma-filled labyrinth as the Tractatus de Monstrum along with your brigade of puppet soldiers to smite monsters and uncover dark secrets.
- Fast-Paced Combat! – Strange creatures and traps of all sorts will stand in your path as you go deeper in the maze. Give orders to your army and crush them with special skills!
- Build an Undefeatable Army – Create your very own puppet soldiers, grant them a variety of different roles, and assign them to specialized squads to make your own unique brigade!
For more information on Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, visit http://nisamerica.com/games/labyrinth-of-refrain/.
Next up is Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded, a definitive edition of last year’s PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita roguelike title, Touhou Genso Wanderer. The reloaded release will include the original story, all DLC, and brand-new content featuring new characters and scenarios. Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded will also released on both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch later this year.
About Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded:
Join the colorful cast of Touhou characters on an incredible journey through the Tower of Desire! Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded is filled with new dungeons to explore, new items to collect, and new faces to meet! Newcomers and veterans of the Touhou series will love journeying through the land of Gensokyo with Reimu Hakurei, the shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine, as well as new faces such as the spunky magician Marisa Kirisame, and wind priestess Sanae Kochiya!
- A Definitive Experience – Relive the complete journey through the Tower of Desire and embark on all-new adventures beyond your wildest imaginations!
- Unleash Your Powers! – Become an unstoppable duo as you and your partner fight against evil and cast powerful bullet-hell spells!
- The World Is Your Oyster – Craft items, upgrade weapons, take a break
For more information on Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded, visit http://nisamerica.com/games/touhou-genso-wanderer-reloaded/.
Next is Assault Spy an action focused Early Access coming to Steam in May 2018.
About Assault Spy:
Dash, evade, and smash your way to the truth as the corporate spy, Asaru! Uncover the dark secrets of the Negabotmega corporation as you save the company from a hostile takeover. Assault Spy is a stylish, fast paced, pure-action game with a dash of comedy.
- Stylish Spy Action Comedy – Blast through an army of security robots and save a company that was taken over by terrorists!
- High Speed Dash Combat – Dodge bullets with a dash, and finish off enemies with fancy combo moves!
- Dynamic Action – Defeating enemies unlocks new moves, which can be used to chain together insane combos with stylish finishing moves!
- One Story with Two Sides – Play through the game as the professional, yet hapless spy, Asaru; or the rowdy and reckless CIA agent, Amelia! Each character has a unique playstyle, and a story that intertwines with the other!
For more information on Assault Spy, visit http://assaultspy.com/.
Finally, we have the Switch version of Happy Birthdays, originally released on PlayStation 4 and Steam, Happy Birthdays is a sandbox game that allows you to tweak life and the layout of your world.
About Happy Birthdays:
From the legendary creator Mr. Yasuhiro Wada (TOYBOX Inc.), comes HappyBirthdays: a sandbox game in which players create cube-shaped worlds that give rise to diverse and unique lifeforms. With careful experimentation, players can shape the geography and alter the temperature of each world to create the conditions for life and witness the birth of an entire ecosystem!
- A World All Your Own And On-The-Go! – Create any world you can imagine! From staggering mountains and sprawling forests to a deep sea dotted with islands, there’s no limit to your creations. And now, you can shape your world on-the-go on the Nintendo Switch!
- Life from the Beginning –Discover the history of everything as you foster life of all shapes and sizes –from single-celled organisms to complex multicellular life, including plants, mammals, dinosaurs, and more!
- Cultivate Your Imagination – Imagine, Experiment, Create! Shape your planet and decide how plant and animal life evolves. No two planets will ever be truly alike.
For more information on Happy Birthdays for Switch, visit http://www.birthdaysthebeginning.com/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.