Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition demo available next week
The upcoming demo will contain the entirety of chapter 1, allowing people to get an idea of what to expect from the game ahead of its March 6th release.
Besides the demo announcement, Square Enix revealed a slew of exclusive in-game items and bonuses for those who pre-order Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. You can find a full list of the exclusive items and bonuses below.
- From now until 1st May, players who purchase or pre-purchase the game from STEAM will receive the Half-Life® Pack, which features:
- In-game costume for Noctis based on Gordon Freeman, star of the legendary Half-Life first-person video game series including the HEV Suit, Scientist Glasses and Crowbar
- The Half-Life Pack will also be available for FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES
- Players who pre-order the game from STEAM will receive the bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection” containing a selection of T-shirts for Noctis to wear, including:
- The strength-enhancing EPISODE GLADIOLUS Tee
- The HP recovery rate-increasing EPISODE PROMPTO Tee
- The critical hit rate-increasing EPISODE IGNIS Tee
- The maximum HP-increasing COMRADES Tee
- Players who pre-order the game from Origin will receive the bonus “FFXV Decal Selection,” containing an array of colorful decals for the Regalia car celebrating Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, along with the men and women of the Kingsglaive.
- The save data from the Windows 10 version of FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION is compatible with the Xbox One version of FINAL FANTASY XV. In addition, a post-launch update for FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will enable Windows 10 and Xbox One cross play for FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES.
- Players who pre-order the game from the Microsoft Store will receive the bonus “FFXV Powerup Pack,” containing Dodanuki, a sleek sword created by a legendary bladesmith that reduces enemy defense with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION features:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All current season pass content including: EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
For more information on Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, visit https://www.finalfantasyxv.com/en/windows-edition. If you are interested in my thoughts on the PlayStation 4 version of the game, check out my Final Fantasy XV PS4 review.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.