New info on the first Destiny 2 expansion released
If you missed the livestream, you can watch it in full on Bungie’s official Twitch page. For those who don’t have time to watch the full 53-minute video, Activision has released a press release summarising everything that was revealed during the stream. You can read about the new content below.
- Biggest Public Event ever: In the Curse of Osiris, players enter a Public Event, which displays life on Mercury and is the largest and most rewarding Public Event we’ve ever created for Destiny
- Gate-keepers will be the focal point and once killed, players will be able to pick up keys as a way of progressing through the public event
- With this Public Event, we have different islands which allow players to move around the environment, opening up space to other areas that you wouldn’t normally be able to get to when you’re patrolling
- If you’re a solo player, Destiny 2 will introduce you to people to help you complete this activity
- Lighthouse: Players will find significant changes to the lighthouse…
- The Forge is a Vex weapon wall which shows players’ progression, helping you build various weapons which can be used as end-game weapons
- There will be mysteries players can solve and piece together in the Lighthouse space and Brother Vance will provide new adventures, which will be the corner stone for players to explore Mercury
- Heroic Adventures: Players can challenge themselves with Heroic Adventures, and modifiers are being added to the Adventures which change it up every time you play
- Story Strikes: Players’ experiences will be changing with Strikes, and in EP1 there will be more Strikes shown as part of the main story which will tell players more about the Campaign
- Go through the gate to the Infinite Forest:
- The Infinite Forest is a large Vex simulation constructed to explore infinite possibilities throughout time and is the last place Osiris was last seen
- The Infinite Forest offers players a different experience every time, and a great experience whether you’re exploring the past, present or future
- Unlocking the gate: Ikora will set players through the forest in order to find demons and unlock the gate
- New ways to explore Mercury – players will experience different versions of Mercury as we move through time, with the Infinite Forest acting as a pathway from the present day into simulated versions of the past, present and future, giving a sense of the unknown, of wonder
- Adventures all have different combat races, i.e. – playing one for the Hive or the Fall and players will have a lot of variety. End caps are all hand crafted. Encounters are custom
- Up and Up is one of the Adventures which takes you into the future. It takes players from the present day into simulation
Also, if you haven’t had a chance to see it yet, here is Curse of Osiris opening cinematic.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.