Final Fantasy XIV 4.1 gets new details and a release date
The update 4.1 details were revealed during the latest Final Fantasy XIV ‘Letter from the Producer LIVE’. The details released include the previously known alliance raid – Return to Ivalice-, and new player owned housing in the Shirogane plots which will include the new housing relocation service.
Content coming in 4.1 includes the following:
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – including the return of Hildibrand
- New Alliance Raid – Return to Ivalice
- New Primal Battle – The Extreme version of the Main Story boss
- New Ultimate Difficulty – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate)
- New PvP Content – Rival Wings 24 vs 24
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – New Maps leading to Deeper Submerged Chambers, Adventurer Squadron Updates – New Missions where you can form a party and enter Dungeons with your Squadron Members
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Kojin
- Housing Update – Shirogane Plots and Relocation Service Available
- New Bard system – Bards will receive a new system called “Perform”. This is a bard-specific action, which is unlocked at level 30. Individual music notes will be added as an action, which can be assigned to the hotbar to play those notes.
- Cross-world functionality – cross-world alliance raids, cross-world PVP custom matches, cross-world friend registration, and cross-world /tell.
The upcoming update 4.1 offers a large array for both hardcore and casual players. As a person who hasn’t been motivated to play Final Fantasy XIV since Stormblood, I’m looking forward to the upcoming update. Maybe when 4.1 hits I’ll finally be able to move my house from The Goblet to The Mist (honestly Shirogane will probably be full in less than two hours).
For more information on update 4.1 and Final Fantasy XIV, visit http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.