X Rebirth VR Edition released, X4 details coming soon
Egosoft has released X Rebirth VR Edition – a new standalone game based on X Rebirth: Home of Light – on Steam via the Steam Early Access program.
In the press release regarding the Early Access release of X Rebirth VR Edition, Egosoft announced that new details regarding X4, the next game in the X series, will be revealed during the XCon 2017, which runs from August 26th to August 27th at the Egosoft HQ.
- A fully simulated economy in a huge universe – While based on X Rebirth: Home of Light, the universe and economy of X Rebirth VR Edition are specially designed for a Virtual reality experience. This is also the reason why the games are not save game compatible.
- A new graphics engine – The X Rebirth VR Edition will be the first title by Egosoft to utilise our new in-house developed engine, based on the innovative new Vulkan technology.
- Take on a large variety of missions – Play as a freelancer, a pirate, a trader or search for your own adventures. Missions revolving around all aspects of the game will help you to find your way.
- Pace and Balancing – All aspects of the game had to be rebalanced to create the best experience for the VR environment.
- Switch between 3D and 2D mode on the fly – The user interface of XR VR Edition was specially designed to work entirely in an immersive first person VR cockpit experience and makes full use of Oculus Touch and Vive Controllers. However, if you feel like it, you can switch to your monitor and favourite input devices at any time.
- Endless possibilites – Build your own ships and create an armada to fight your enemies or dominate the market with your factories and trade ships. You decide how you want to play.
For more information on X Rebirth VR Edition, visit https://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth_vr/info_en.php.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.