THQ Nordic announces Biomutant
THQ Nordic has announced Biomutant, an open-word, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, developed by Experiment 101, an independent studio created by Stefan Ljungqvist, who was a key member of the team behind the Just Cause series.
In THQ Nordic’s announcement press release, they gave the following information regarding Biomutant.
BIOMUTANT’s unique design lets players change their character’s abilities and appearance with powerful mutations, bionic prosthetics and weapons. Grow claws, sprout wings, or attach a robotic leg – each choice will impact the way your hero plays in real-time combat that blends melee martial arts and firearms.
Set in an imaginative post-apocalyptic universe, BIOMUTANT is a kung fu fable filled with fantastic creatures to discover, dangerous factions to navigate, and colorful worlds to explore with mechs, paragliders, balloons, mounts, jet skis and more.
- A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY: You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD: You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END: A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
Regarding footage of the game, THQ Nordic also released a cinematic trailer that offers an idea of what the game is about.
Biomutant is set for release in 2018, for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information on Biomutant, visit http://biomutant.com/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.