Final Fantasy XV coming to PC in early 2018
In teaming up with Nvidia, Square Enix promise to make Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition the definitive version of the game as it will contain all free and paid DLC, support for native 4K and 8K resolutions, as well as HDR10 and Dolby ATMOS. In terms of graphics, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will include a large array of Nvidia GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations. Below is a list of the GameWorks technology appearing in Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition:
- NVIDIA Flow – to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition will also support GeForce Experience Capture and share tools:
- NVIDIA Ansel an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot and enables seamless sharing through social channels.
You can see all the above-mentioned pieces of graphical tech in action in the reveal trailer below.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.