Darksiders III announced
After a five year wait, THQ Nordic has announced that Darksiders III is currently in development for PC, PS4 and XBOne, and is slated for a 2018 release.
After five years and a publisher and developer going bankrupt you would be forgiven for thinking Darksiders III would never see the light of day, but today THQ Nordic has announced Darksiders III and that it would be developed by Gunfire Games, which is largely comprised of the original creators of the Darksiders franchise.
In Darksiders III, players will take on the role of Fury (sorry Horsemen fans there is no Famine or Pestilence/Conquest Horsemen in this universe) who is on a quest to destroy unique physical versions of the Seven Deadly Sins with her magic whip. In terms of in-game timeline, Darksiders III is set around the same time as the events of Darksiders II.
In terms of features, the game’s Amazon pre-order page offers the following key points.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
In celebration of the announcement, THQ Nordic has released a reveal trailer, via IGN First.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.