*Update*Final Fantasy XII Remastered announced
Square Enix has today announced Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age for PS4, a remaster of the 2006 FFXII for PS2.
Final Fantasy XII proved to be a popular title when it was released in 2006 (2007 in Europe), the game received a large amount of praise for its storytelling, visuals and game systems.
Square-Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age will be released in Europe and North America in 2017 as a PlayStation 4 exclusive.
The following information was also released regarding the game’s features.
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age will give western audiences the first opportunity to experience the Zodiac Job System, a 12-job character progression system first introduced in the 2007 title, FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM.
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will also feature:
- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
- New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
- Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation ® 4 system trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games
For more information on Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, visit http://www.finalfantasyxii.com/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.