The King of Fighters XIV to launch on August 23rd
Atlus USA has announced that The King of Fighters XIV for the PlayStation 4 will be released in North America on August 23rd. Day One Edition details also announced.
The August 23rd release date means that The King of Fighters XIV means that the game will be released in North America two days before it hits Japanese stores. No details regarding a European release date were released, so if you are living in Europe and want to play the latest King of Fighters game you might be out of luck or hope a European publisher is announced.
To celebrate the August 23rd release date, Atlus USA has also announced a special pre-order/Day One Edition version of the game. The Day One Edition will feature a collectible SteelBook emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight. If a nice SteelBook wasn’t enough Atlus USA is also making the classic Kyo DLC costume free for the week following launch as a download on PlayStation Network.
For those wondering what The King of Fighters XIV offers, Atlus USA has outlined the following features.
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
For more information on The King of Fighters XIV, visit http://www.atlus.com/kofxiv/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.