PS4 3.50 update to include Remote Play to PC
Today, PlayStation Blog has detailed the key features for the PS4’s next major software update, 3.50, and one of the updates key features will be Remote Play to PC and Mac.
According to the PlayStation Blog article on 3.50, the update will be “making it easier to connect and play together with friends and the wider community, as well as introducing some much-requested features.”
The key features coming to PS4 with 3.50 are as follows:
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- PlayStation Plus – A new option in the PlayStation Plus destination will allow you to easily check and manage your online storage.
- Dailymotion, new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.
At present update 3.50 doesn’t have a release date, but the blog article does state that the update will be entering closed beta on March 2nd.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.