World of Warcraft: Legion announced
This latest expansion will see the Burning Legion return and with their eyes set on Azeroth. As the Burning Legion begin their invasion players must seek salvation on the accursed Broken Isles, where the key to defeat the Legion invasion lies. Players will not only have access to a new continent, but also the following:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter — Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons — Smite the Legion with legendary weapons of lore. Earn Artifact power to unlock abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles — Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones.
- New Feature: Order Hall — Whether you’re paladin or warlock, unite fellow NPC members of your class’s order to carry out missions at your command.
- New PvP Honor System — Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
- Boost to Level 100 — Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft.
To go along with the announcement Blizzard released a cinematic teaser, which featured two of the expansion’s main characters Illidan and Guldan, and a feature overview trailer.
World of Warcraft Cinematic Teaser
From looking at the expansion content Blizzard announced and during the live event in Gamescom, it appears that they are trying to counter act the subscriber losses by essentially giving players everything they have been demanding for years. I mean players have been asking for Demon Hunters for as long as I can remember. It will be interesting to see how this expansion will affect World of Warcraft, personally I and probably like a few others are surprised that they have decided to jump into a new Burning Legion expansion after the Legion were in the last expansion, Warlords of Draenor.
Blizzard gave no information regarding a release date, but they did announce that the expansion’s beta will take place this year. For more information on World of Warcraft: Legion, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legion.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.