Codemasters announce F1 2015 for new gen consoles
F1 2015, which Codemasters has stated will be released in June 2015, features a brand new game engine, which Codemasters promises, “allows players to experience FORMULA 1 in unprecedented detail.” This new engine promises to not only allow for spectacular visual fidelity, but also vastly improve the physics-based handling model of the game.
On the non-technical side, F1 2015 will feature two full F1 seasons, the 2014 season and the current 2015 season. This means that all the changes that happened in the 2014 and 2015 seasons will be present. For example: The ever so slow McLaren-Honda, and Vettel driving a Ferrari, and the returning Mexico Grand Prix will all make an appearance.
The early release of F1 2015 will mean that the game will launch with the 2015 season in full swing, which, according to Codemasters means: “An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 video game ever.”
Following the games announcement Codemasters released a fact sheet outlining the game’s key features. These features can be read below.
- A STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE – A brand new game engine, built from the ground up for the latest consoles and PCs allows players to experience FORMULA 1 in unprecedented detail.
- THE MOST RELEVANT FORMULA 1 GAME YET – An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 video game ever.
- THE MOST INCLUSIVE F1 RACING EXPERIENCE EVER – Featuring a naturally authentic purely physics-based handling model with enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, F1 2015 is designed to be player inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series.
- RACE LIKE A CHAMPION – With a pure racing focus, whether you are a novice racer playing on a gamepad or an experienced gamer playing with a wheel, the new handling model will allow you to race like a champion.
- GET CLOSER TO F1 THAN EVER BEFORE – Harnessing the power of the new generation engine, with new voice interaction on consoles and new broadcast-style presentation, F1 2015 immerses the player in the sport like never before.
- ALL THE THRILLS OF THE 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP – Honda returns and once again forms an alliance with McLaren, who also welcome back Fernando Alonso. Sebastien Vettel moves to Ferrari and, alongside a new generation of exciting young drivers on the grid, will attempt to halt the winning start Mercedes have made in the new era of FORMULA 1. The race calendar for 2015 also features a new circuit, with a return to Mexico for the first time in over 20 years.
- NEW CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON – With new grid introductions and television-style broadcast presentation, the Championship Season is the most immersive FORMULA 1 experience yet. Can you beat your rivals and earn the adulation of the crowd as you celebrate on the podium?
- NEW PRO SEASON – The ultimate challenge – can you master the game on its most realistic settings?
- ONLINE PRACTICE & MORE – Hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session before challenging your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer.
- BONUS CONTENT – Look back at last year’s exciting season and enjoy a fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP as bonus game content.
For more information of F1 2015, visit http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.