Activision details first Destiny expansion
Today, Activision has revealed that the content of the first Destiny expansion, The Dark Below. The expansion, which will be released on December 9th, will contain a level increase, new raid, new story quests, new strikes and more.
According to Activision, the expansion will contain the following content:
- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least autumn 2015)
The new expansion, The Dark Below, is available on its own for £19.99, or as part of the Destiny Expansion pass, which includes expansions 1 and 2, for 34.99, on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
It is interesting to note that Xbox owners are getting the short end of the stick as PlayStation owners will be getting more content in this first expansion. Although as Activision states Xbox owners will eventually get the content several months later.
If you are interested on my thoughts on Destiny, you can check out my review over at http://www.sggaminginfo.com/2014/10/review-destiny-ps4/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.