Tecmo Koei highlights the changes in Atelier Rorona Plus
Tecmo Koei Europe has released a collection of new videos for their upcoming PS3 and PS Vita title, Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland. The new videos show off the game’s updated 3D graphics, restructured battle system and improved synthesis system.
Below is gameplay footage for the improved battle and synthesis systems.
Atelier Rorona Plus – Battle Gameplay
Atelier Rorona Plus – Synthesis Gameplay
For those wondering how the new updated version compares to the original 2010 release, Tecmo Koei Europe has released a comparative gameplay video.
Atelier Rorona Plus – Comparative Gameplay
As you can see, the game looks far more improved especially in the character department with characters now looking like their actual age etc.
Along with the new videos, Tecmo Koei Europe also announced some pre-order bonus costumes. These costumes, which are only available via certain stores include: “Lady’s Etiquette Costume”, available to those who pre-order the game through GAME and an “Orange Swimsuit” available from independent retailers through CentreSoft. A third pre-order bonus outfit, labelled ‘Peach Vacation’ will be available for digital purchases via the PlayStation Store.
For those curious on the new additions to the game, Tecmo Koei Europe has released the following information:
- Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland new additions include:
- Enhanced 3D character models
- New field map modelling creates more rich and vibrant scenery
- New chapters featuring Totori and Meruru who return from the previous Arland trilogies “Atelier Meruru Plus” and “Atelier Totori Plus”, brimming with new content and illustrations
- Additional Content, including playable characters, maps, bosses, costumes and more
- Improved Synthesis system and new Assignment system
- Expanded Item Crafting
- Newly restructured battle system with advanced combat features and skill execution between characters
- New Time Capsule system allows players to bury items in Atelier Rorona and retrieve them in Atelier Meruru Plus, and Atelier Totori Plus
- Over 30 different Endings: Interactions with character and decisions made to complete missions with affect the ending offering extremely high replay value
- Data saving and sharing between PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions
Last and by no means least, Tecmo Koei Europe has also released a full English trailer for the game.
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland will be available on June 20th for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.