Nintendo Direct roundup for August 7th
Nintendo had a lot to say during today’s Nintendo Direct presentation. So instead of a few article, here is all the news from the presentation all in one place.
Wii U News
- Animal Crossing Plaza – This is a brand new Wii U application for Animal Crossing fans. The application is available for free on the Nintendo eShop today, and Nintendo has stated that they will run the surface until the end of 2014. The Animal Crossing application will allow fans from around the world to meet, interact and exchange information through the Animal Crossing Miiverse community. Players can import images they took in Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS as well as custom design QR Code patterns from their SD Cards, and organise them in albums. Players also can post messages to Miiverse with those images. The QR Code patterns posted can also be directly scanned and used in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Players can select their favourite animals in the Animal Crossing Plaza to post about those specific animals or view posts only about them. If players want to see more posts, they can jump directly to the Animal Crossing series Miiverse community from Animal Crossing Plaza.
- Pokémon Rumble U – This new version of Pokémon Rumble will allow you to play and battle with all 649 Pokémon, that is all the Pokémon that have appeared in the video game up to Pokémon Black version 2 and White version 2. The game features a special password system that allows users to unlock certain Pokémon, and these will be shared on Nintendo’s official Facebook and Twitter accounts, the game’s official website, plus other channels. Pokémon Rumble U launches exclusively on Nintendo eShop on 15th August.
- New Super Smash Bros – Nintendo has announced that Luigi will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
- Sonic Lost World from SEGA will be launching for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on October 18th.
- Rayman Legends from Ubisoft – The Wii U version of Rayman Legends will feature bonus Mario and Luigi costumes. Rayman will be able to wear the Mario costume and Globox will be able to wear the Luigi costume. Rayman Legends will be released on August 29th.
- Art Academy: SketchPad will be released for the Wii U via the Nintendo eShop on August 9th.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – The HD version of the GameCube classic will be released for the Wii U on October 4th.
Nintendo 3DS News
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will be released on November 8th
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will be released in early 2014
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds – The game will take place a long time after the events of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, some of the game’s scenery will be familiar to fans of the series, while its puzzles and dungeons are new. The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds launches this November.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf “Welcome a Friend Promotion” – Starting today, if you register Animal Crossing: New Leaf with Club Nintendo by September 7th, you’ll be able to receive a Recommendation Code. You can then give this Recommendation Code to a friend. If your friend registers a Nintendo 3DS XL between 7th August and 7th October, and enters this Recommendation Code, your friend will be able to claim a free Download Code for Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS.
- KORG M01D – KORG M01D allows users to create their own music from over 340 sounders. KORG M01D will be released on Nintendo eShop this Autumn.
- SteamWorld Dig – Set in a world run by robots, get ready for a unique action platformer combining the visual styles of westerns and steampunk when SteamWorld Dig arrives on Nintendo eShop today.
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan – This RPG from Atlus releases on August 30th.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers – Another upcoming RPG release for Nintendo 3DS, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers releases on September 13th.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 will be released on virtual console for the 3DS today. Super Mario Bros. 3 will be also released via the eShop later this year for both Wii U and 3DS later this year.
- Summer Carnival ’92: RECCA, a Famicom classic that was originally designed for a games festival in Japan in the summer of 1992. It’s remembered as being one of the most challenging shooters ever created. Summer Carnival ’92: RECCA will be released on Nintendo 3DS via the 3DS on August 15th.
- Mario Golf: World Tour – This game has being delayed until 2014.
If you wish to watch the full presentation, check out the video below.
Nintendo also released a video showing the indie titles line-up for the Wii U.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.