Bohemia Interactive announce Take on Mars
Last week during E3, Bohemia Interactive of Arma fame announced their latest game “Take on Mars”, the latest game in the “Take On” series. This new game has you exploring Mars as a rover operator.
According to the official press release:
Take On Mars places you in the seat of a Rover Operator, allowing you to control the various, fully simulated mobile Rovers and stationary Landers. With this scientific arsenal at your disposal, you will work your way through the numerous Science Missions in each location, unlocking the secrets of Mars’ distant past.
Take on Mars E3 2013 teaser
“Take on Mars” will feature three main gameplay modes: Space Program, scenarios and editor.
- Space Program – Explore Mars from the perspective of a science-driven Space Agency. Develop new technologies, vehicles and instruments to tackle the tasks ahead.
- Scenarios – Head straight to the surface of Mars and complete individual missions centred around various Science Missions and objectives.
- Editor – Create scenarios with complex missions, or just play around with whatever you wish in this limitless, free-form mode.
Bohemia Interactive has also pointed out some of “Take on Mars” most notable features which include:
- Dynamic destruction system – Break off cameras, robotic arms, even individual struts and wheels, all affecting the way the vehicle handles.
- Economy – Send missions to Mars with the budget you have available, raised by completing missions and individual tasks.
- Realistic Terrain – Explore the surface of Mars in locations based on actual satellite data from locations such as Victoria Crater.
Bohemia Interactive in their announcement press release pointed out that the new game will be “heavily aimed at modability, allowing users to create and share their own custom content, including scenarios, vehicles, and locations.”
Take on Mars will be released on PC via digital distribution services for €9.99 in the third quarter of 2013.
To learn more about Take on Mars, visit http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-mars.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.