Arma 3 changes and Alpha
Bohemia Interactive has announced that it has made cosmetic changes to the upcoming sandbox game, Arma 3.
The major change to Arma 3 is that the island Limnos has being changed to Altis. Bohemia Interactive also released an updated Arma 3 factsheet. Below are the key features on the updated fact sheet.
- ALTIS & STRATIS – Defeat your enemy on richly detailed battlefields – stretching over 290 km² of Mediterranean island terrain.
- WEAPONS & VEHICLES – Master a wide range of 20+ vehicles, aircraft and ships; choose your gear, pick from 40+ weapons, customize your loadout.
- SOLO & MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY – Be deployed in the open gameplay-driven campaign – or team up against your enemy in massive competitive and co-operative battles.
- CONTENT CREATION – Design your own scenario with the powerful editor; create mods for others to play; join our creative community.
- REAL VIRTUALITY 4.0 ENGINE – Navigate the battlefield with fluid new animations; feel the devastating power of combat with the upgraded sound engine, new ragdoll simulation and PhysX-supported vehicles.
In chase you are like me and you missed it, Bohemia Interactive announced that players will be able to try out the Alpha form of Arma 3. Players who purchase the Arma 3 Alpha or Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition via Steam will be eligible to take part in the Alpha. Arma 3 Alpha is set to start on March 5, 2013.
Below is the available content for the Arma 3 Alpha.
Featured in the Arma 3 Alpha are four showcase missions (Infantry, Vehicles, SCUBA and Helicopter), a limited subset of weapons and vehicles, two multiplayer scenarios, the powerful scenario editor and modding support. The 20 km² island of Stratis, which is positioned right off the coast from Arma 3’s main destination ‘Altis’ (270 km²), will form the backdrop of the Arma 3 Alpha.
If you are unsure about paying to enter the Alpha, there will be a free, limited version of Alpha, named Arma 3 Alpha Lite. The Alpha Lite version will be released, on Thursday, March 14, 2013.
The difference between the Alpha and Alpha Lite is that Alpha Lite has no multiplayer component and no modding support. Even though Alpha Lite is free, you can only gain access to the Alpha Lite because it is invite only and invitations can only be given out by people who have purchased Arma 3 Alpha.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.