Star Wars: The Old Republic free trial begins
From today you can now play Bioware’s mmorpg Star Wars: The Old Republic for free. The free trial allows you to play any class up to level 15 with no time restriction.
Star Wars: The Old Republic’s unlimited free trial is similar to other mmo free trials. This means you will come across a lot of restrictions.
The restrictions for the SWTOR free trial include:
- A Free Trial character cannot exceed level 15. The player will be notified via in-game notifications and chat message once they have hit the maximum level for the trial experience.
- A Free Trial character will only be able to play on their Origin World, Capital World, the Fleet, all Warzones, and in their first Flashpoint. A message box will appear if a character attempts to go outside of these areas.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to use general chat, trade chat, or PvP chat. The character will only be able to use local chat, group chat, guild chat, and reply to whispers.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to send or reply to mail by other trial characters. However, your character will be able to receive in-game mail during the trial.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to use the Galactic Trade Network or trade with other players.
- A Free Trial character will only be able to level their Crew Skills ranking to around 40.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to earn Legacy XP.
Current players are able to benefit from the free trial by referring friends to the game. If the player you referred decides to purchase SWTOR and a recurring monthly sub you will receive an exclusive speeder called the Kurtob Alliance Speeder.
You can see the speeder in action below.
For more information on the Star Wars: The Old Republic free trial, visit http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120710-0.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.