X3: Albion Prelude announced
Egosoft and Deep Silver have announced X3: Albion Prelude will be out December 15th which will give players new challenge in the X3 series.
Albion Prelude takes place in a time between the old and new X universe. The universe is in flux and is preparing players for things to come.
The story of Albion Prelude is one of a conflict of interests between Earth and the other races of the universe and the conflict has escalated into a full scale interstellar war.
The features of the game include:
- A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war.
- More than 30 new ships and stations
- New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
- Improved graphics quality setting for high-end machines
- Improved user interface introducing charts to visualize economic developments
- Support for head tracking
Albion Prelude will not be compatible with X3: Terran Conflict saves.
X3: Albion Prelude will also have various deals which include:
- The Steam copy will be available from December 15th
- You will be able to get Albion Prelude for free if you have X: Superbox on steam.
- If you own X3: Terran Conflict you will get the game for €9.99
- If you have no copy of X3: Terran Conflict you can get a Gold package for €19.99 which includes X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude
- X3 Albion Prelude will be available on Mac as a standalone for €19.99
- Finally if you are not a fan of a digital copy you will be able to get the retail version of the game in Q1 2012.
X3: Albion Prelude is a build up to next year’s X Rebirth.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.