Kingdom Hearts 3D coming to North America and Europe in 2012
Square Enix has announced that “Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance” will be heading to North America and Europe in 2012 for the Nintendo 3DS.
The story of the latest Kingdom Hearts sees King Mickey and Yen Sid prepare for an impending threat by putting Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, where they will face enemies and allies that have never been seen before. If they can successfully complete the task they are given, they will be deemed true Keyblade Masters.
The game’s features include:
- Dual protagonists – Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- “Free-flow” action – Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds – Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut.
- Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
Square Enix has also released an announcement trailer for the new game (audio and writing is in Japanese)
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.