Runescape offers a towering new mini-game
Jagex have released the latest mini-game called Dominion Tower for their popular browser based mmorpg Runescape, which will see you go up against quest bosses you have defeated in the past.
Dominon Tower is set near Shantay Pass and those who reach it will be able to get a medallion to teleport you to the tower in the future.
The mini-game requirements are that you must be level 110 in combat and have completed at least 20 specific quests.
The tower will also contain 4 modes which are climber, endurance, special, freestyle and spectator modes.
- Climber mode allows you to ascend through the levels of the tower, facing a randomly chosen boss scenario on each floor. After each victory, an effect will be applied and will persist through all subsequent fights in that attempt. While a few of these will be beneficial, most of them will be handicaps. You’ll be able to replenish food and change equipment between fights, so how high will hubris take you?
- Endurance mode restricts your access to the bank after each fight, so whatever you take in needs to last. This mode is a true test of tenacity.
- Special mode presents a range of challenging, treacherous and, often, weird encounters with which to test your skill and ingenuity. Fancy fighting Count Draynor, Elvarg, and their miscreant buddies with nothing but your fists and a bunch of explosives? How about 15 Evil Chickens? Think you can beat down Nomad twice in a row? We’d love to see you try!
- Freestyle mode lets you fight on your own terms. There are no rewards for using this mode, but it’s a great way to cut your teeth for the big leagues, or just show off fighting a boss under your own crazily difficult rules.
- Spectator mode allows you to view the fights of another player whom you’ve tagged with your dominion talisman. Cheer on your friends, celebrate their victories and wince sympathetically as they’re pummelled into the ground.
For more information on the new mini-game check out Runescape game guide at http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/dominion_tower.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.