Magicka to get engine upgrade with The Stars are Left expansion
The upcoming Lovecraft inspired Magicka expansion The Stars are Left will see a huge overhaul for the game engine and game balance improvements.
The engine upgrade will be available for all Magicka players for free and will include some much asked updates from the fans.
The game engine update will include:
- Fairy familiar added, revives characters after death occurs in solo campaign
- Checkpoints now save progress even if game is quit
- Chapter select added to replay previously played chapters
- Several improvements to the server browser
- Physics and collision detection improved – less falling through the floor
- Frame rate stuttering – should be less noticeable for some users
- Extended particle system with particle lights
- Improved light performance
- Several minor bug fixes, game balance, and tweaks
Also Arrowhead game studios and Paradox Interactive have released a new trailer for the upcoming expansion which is due out November 22, 2011.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.