Lightning Strikes in new DC Universe Online DLC
SOE has announced the second DLC pack for the free to play mmo DC Universe Online as Lightning Strikes with The Flash centric figure of the DLC.
The DLC is set to be released later this year on both PC and PlayStation 3 and will introduce electricity powers (the game’s eighth power set) and a new adventure starring the iconic DC speedster The Flash.
Jens Andersen, Creative Director for DC Universe Online said “In this DLC pack, fans have the opportunity to immerse themselves in another great character and action-packed story from the DC Universe.”
The new DLC doesn’t just contain a new power set and a new adventure as there is a lot more in the DLC as you will see from the list of features below.
Lightning Strikes will include:
- Central City – An all-new map that offers players a more open world experience that provides on-going gameplay, with solo and group missions.
- The Flash Museum Duo – Players can now experience the Central City of today and tomorrow. In The Flash Museum Duo, players can travel back in time to the very moment when Barry Allen became The Flash and battle foes inside the Central City Police Station!
- Electricity Powers – Players now have the opportunity to get the new Electricity Power set for current and new characters. The new Electricity Power set allows players to leverage the lightning power of electricity and use new types of attacks in combat. Electricity Powers include the Tesla Ball, which creates a floating ball of electricity that zaps nearby enemies; the Shockwave, which shoots streams of electric bolts at enemies; and Ionic Drain, which drains energy from the environment to replenish a player’s health while simultaneously damaging surrounding enemies.
- New Gear – Players can earn all-new gear sets including the new Zoom-inspired gear set for villains, and the new Black Lightning-inspired gear set for heroes.
- New Characters – Lightning Strikes brings players new iconic DC Universe characters including Livewire, Black Lightning, The Top, The Trickster, Static and more. New characters – such as Livewire – will be featured as new “Inspired By” options for players who can choose to create a new character inspired by some of DC Universe’s legendary characters. Additional new characters – such as Black Lighting – serve as a bounty mission that players can fight if they choose to be a villain.
The DLC will be free for all legendary players, for free and premium players the DLC will cost $9.99 on the PlayStation store and in-game marketplace.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.