Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer detailed
Well finally the multiplayer for Modern Warfare 3 was revealed at the Call of Duty Event known as “Call of Duty XP”.
MW3 will see some changes from MW1 and MW2, with new game mode, new kill streaks and more.
The first major change is a welcome one with kill streaks being removed. Kill streaks will be replaced by point streaks which is pretty much kill streaks, but the difference is objective gameplay is rewarded a long with mowing down your enemy. For example capturing a flag will help towards your point streak.
Point streaks come in packages and each package determines your type of streak. With 3 different types which include Assault, support and Specialist which all have their own unique list of rewards.
- Assault will see more offensive based rewards like mortar strikes, attack helicopters etc.
- Support will get access to well supportive rewards so deployable items are the focus of rewards, gun turrets, hacked airdrops and Osprey Gunship are just a few of the lovely rewards you can expect in this package.
- Finally we have specialist which aims away from weapon rewards like the other 2 packages. This package allows you to stack addition perks which include sleight of hand, hardline etc.
A small list of Perks has also being confirmed which include:
- Recon: Explosive damage paints targets on mini map.
- Blind eye: Cannot be detected by air support or sentries.
- Assassin: Cannot be detected by UAV, portable radar, thermal and heartbeat.
- Quick draw: Faster aim down sight.
- Stalker: Move faster while aiming.
- Marksman: Identify targets at long range.
It was also said that one man army, nuke, commando and Last Stand will not be in MW3 multiplayer.
Finally there will be at least 6 new private matches and 2 new gameplay modes. They are Kill confirmed, team defender, infection, drop zone, team juggernaut, juggernaut, gun game and one in the chamber.
- Kill Confirmed: Kill confirmed sees you collecting the dog tags of your enemies in a variant of Team deathmatch. The team with the most tags wins. The game just doesn’t involve taking your enemies tags, if your teammate you can save their tag by collecting it before the enemy does.
- Team Defender: This game is similar to capture the flag, but instead of capturing the flag you have to hold it for as long as possible.
- Infection: The infected player kills enemies to recruit them for the infected team.
- Drop Zone: Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Team Juggernaut: With the support of a juggernaut, kill players on the opposing team. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Juggernaut: Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut.
- Gun Game: Be the first to dominate with every gun.
- One in the Chamber: Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Be the last to survive.
That is MW3 on the news side but before we go here is the new MW3 multiplayer trailer.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.