PlayStation Network Play game lineup announced
Sony Computer Entertainment have announced the game lineup for the PlayStation Network Play which is a program to show case some of this seasons hottest action games. The PSN Play begins August 10th and from this date you can pre-order the games on the lineup via the PSN Store.
The lineup includes 4 games and it runs until September 20th and if you buy any 4 of these games before that date you will get a voucher for SOE’s Payday: The Heist. Also if you pre-order one of the games you will get a PS3 theme of your choice and the games also includes an addition gift with each purchase.
Here are the games in the lineup below (including information on the bonus gift).
- August 24: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition – This highly-anticipated action-fighting title from Capcom features 20 playable characters, HD graphics, more than 200 pieces of unlockable content, more than 100 trials and more than 100 challenges. When Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will be able to unlock GILL, the self-proclaimed god, without having to beat the game with every character, as day-one DLC. Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition will be €14.99 and will be available for pre-order until August 18.
- August 31: The Baconing – The newest action-RPG title from Hothead Studios is the third in the popular DeathSpank series. Attempt to defeat the Anti-Spank and his army of Cyborques, before they cast an evil shadow over Spanktopia. Discover exciting new worlds and battle hordes of enemies as you search to unlock the secret within the Fires of Bacon. When The Baconing is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive an additional co-op character, Roesha – One Bad Mutha. The Baconing will be €12.99 and will be available for pre-order until August 25.
- September 7: BloodRayne: Betrayal – This 2D side-scrolling platformer from Majesco Entertainment features 15 bloodthirsty levels where Rayne attempts to infiltrate a treacherous castle, take out a fiendish horde and stop an evil vampire massacre. When BloodRayne: Betrayal is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive a BloodRayne: Betrayal virtual item for their PlayStation®Home avatar and an exclusive dynamic theme. BloodRayne: Betrayal will be €12.99 and will be available for pre-order until September 1.
- September 14: Renegade Ops – This top-down, driving shooter from SEGA features a huge variety of vehicles, guns and endless enemies. The game features Sandbox-style missions, so there are many different ways to play. When Renegade Ops is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive a Vehicle & Character Pack with two new vehicles and special weapons. Renegade Ops will be €12.99 and will be available for pre-order until September 9.
- Bonus Gift: PAYDAY: The Heist – This gritty, first-person shooter from Sony Online Entertainment lets players take on the role of a hardened career criminal executing intense, dynamic heists in constant pursuit of the next “big score.” A PSN voucher code for PAYDAY: The Heist will be provided to buyers of all four PLAY titles as a bonus gift provided they purchase the games on or before September 20, following release of the game. The game can also be pre-ordered separately starting September 21, 2011. European pricing for PAYDAY: The Heist is to be confirmed.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.