The Witcher 2 Free DLC released
Today CD Projekt RED have released patch 1.3 for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, but what makes this patch special is that it includes the newest DLC “A Sackful of Fluff” for free. This keeps the promise that CD Projekt RED made that all DLC would be free for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
You can update to patch 1.3 via thewitcher.com or if you bought it via GOG, Steam or Direct2Drive or other digital distributors you can update though them.
The DLC “A Sack of Fluff” will see a new quest added in to Chapter 2. To start the quest you must visit the eccentric Elthon who lives in a solitary gut near the quarry outside of Verger.
Patch 1.3 also has some nice improvements. Here are the pick of the improvements:
- Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, and 16:10 aspect ratios.
- Item storage has been added. Players can now store items from their Inventory at inns. To leave items in storage or collect previously stored items, talk to innkeepers.
- A ‘Junk’ panel has been added to the Inventory to provide greater clarity in item classification.
- A new menu option has been added under ‘Extras’ – this enables players to view in-game animated sequences (flashbacks, memory flashes, dreams stolen by harpies) outside of the game.
- ‘Dragon’ section of Prologue does not become available until after all assault-related sections have been completed, thereby softening the difficulty curve at the start of the game.
For a full list of the patch notes go to www.thewitcher.com/patch1-3/
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.