Black Prophecy receives update
Today sees an update to the free to play MMO space shooter Black Prophecy, the update is supposed to be the first of what is supposed to be a monthly update for the game.
The new update sees new missions added to the game for both factions. There has also being many fixes to the AI of NPCs and fixes to the graphics.
Below is the update list for Black Prophecy:
Following new missions were implemented:
- “Cash for clunkers”, Comadrome, Level 7, Tyi
- “Valuable freight”, Caldeena Tyi Hub, Level 34, Tyi
- “Boosting morale”, Caldeena Tyi Hub, Level 35, Tyi
- “The prototype”, Col Esera, Level 14, Genide
- “Lost in the Badlands”, Elysion, Level 18, Tyi + Genide
- “No response from Station FG-31”, Elysion, Level 18, Tyi + Genide
- “Escort”, Gyoda, Level 30, Tyi
- “Security loopholes”, Gyoda, Level 30, Genide
- “There’s always something waiting…”, Geneera, Level 27, Tyi
- “Crafting Session”, Apo Kata, Level 4, Sapiens
- General performance improvements in all sectors.
- Removed exploit possibility that allowed players to collect unlimited colors in “Paint Job”.
- Fixed issues with performance and missing NPCs in Bara Kaitos sectors.
- Fixed ship health display inconsistencies.
- Damage distribution changed slightly: Damage is distributed evenly among active ship items, proportional to the items’ durability percentage in relation to the entire ship. The item that is directly hit (unless it’s the cockpit) receives slightly more percental damage than the other items.
- Repair kit durability is distributed evenly among all active ship items, proportional to the items’ durability percentage in relation to the entire ship.
- Increased the amounts repaired by the higher level repair kits.
- Fixed heavy alien fighter item values. It can turn at decent speeds now.
- Implemented better spawn point variation for weapon transporters in the Nimbus, to prevent spawn point camping.
- Fixed a bug in the mission “Energy Reserves”.
- Fixed an AI bug that caused NPCs to have steering problems when switching to sniper weapons.
- Fixed an AI bug that caused NPCs to not move when they should try to hide.
- Fixed an AI bug that caused NPCs to have steering problems when breaking off from a formation.
- Fixed an AI bug that caused NPCs to ignore new threats when purposefully attacking enemies.
- Fixed an AI bug that caused NPCs to ignore turrets on capital ships.
- Fixed an AI bug that caused NPCs to randomly experience steering problems during fights.
- Quickplay/instance button and sector/station name info no longer disappear when docked to a station and activating mouse mode.
- Premium items can no longer be moved to the ship inventory while a trade with a player or NPC is already active.
- Fixed kill-assist game messages if the player is killed by an NPC, but was damaged by other players before.
- Quickplay is now correctly being disabled when the client disconnects.
- More detailed information is now displayed when a player wants to request a clan sector.
- Removed warning message when players cancel their pending mission.
- Fixed a case where players could receive an error message “mission already starting” even after logging out and logging back in.
- Reserved names filter has been updated to allow some popular, previously blocked character names.
- Fixed colony ship texture flickering.
- Fixed engine exhaust effects for Tyi fighters.
- Fixed weapon attachment alignment for Tyi fighter wing module.
- Enhanced areas influenced by player color for Tyi fighter modules.
- Correct interior scene is now shown in the Gyoda Nebula for Tyi players.
Source: Black Prophecy
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.