Is SGR on its last legs?
Could we be seeing SGR and DCG go the way of SGW and CME?
Recently an ex developer contacted SGGamingInfo to answer this question and confirmed that Stargate Resistance does indeed appear to be on its last legs
The ex developer stated some disturbing things which I will list below. The ex developer will be known as the source:
- The source received no wages for up to 2 months and confirmed that only 1 member of staff in Dark Comet Games was receiving a wage, who is working on the lawsuit (the source is not 100% sure if the 1 member was still being paid at the he left).
- The source stated that all staff apart from one are volunteering their time.
- The source confirmed there was a mass exodus from Dark Comet Games. These include but are not limited to artist, character artist, animation, technical, programming etc.
- The final fact is there is in total 3 staff remaining in DCG at the time the source left.
- The source stated that the studios founder has being removed
It appears SGR is down for the count.
The source also revealed that the new map was close to completion at 80%. The source stated a few things on the map.
- It was/is a space map.
- It was/is called Asgard Ship as a placeholder name.
- The source claimed the map was “revolutionary both visually and systematically”.
The source also gave this message. “I doubt it will be shut down, until the lawsuit is over and employees are paid nothing will be developed.”
The source also mentioned his surprise with the lack of communication to the fans from DCG. The source stated the reason he came forward was because he wanted to let the community to know the truth of what is going on.
The last point the source hit me with was the idea of dedicated servers which he desperately wanted before leaving so the game could be continued but the idea was rejected.
Before I finish I would like to say thank you to the ex developer for bring this information forward.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.