July 2nd QA chat roundup
Here is a roundup of what was said in the QA chat by the developers. I split them into different categories. Game types, Classes,weapons,maps,new in game features and Miscellaneous.
- King of the hill
- Team Death match and Capture the Flag could appear on other maps.
- Game type revolving around gate dialling.
- Free for all game type being considered.
- More purchasable content.
- More unlock able content.
- More customization abilities for classes coming
- More in depth customization for characters coming to help individualize players.
- High resolution models being developed for the remaining 4 classes.
- Male and Female versions of each class in development.
- No real yes/no on SGC classes getting a melee attack.
- Zat Gun damage ability released: “This new damage doesn’t take away your health but if that damage accumulates too much you will die or even dissolve”.
- Zat damage will diminish over time.
- Scientist Turret balance being looked into.
- Zat release date between now and Christmas.
- More human and alien style weapons in development
- A turret takeover weapon is in development.
- New weapons will a mixture of SG cannon and unique SGR weapons.
- New maps in development.
- Map seen in the recent wallpapers is a tease for the theme of the new map (looks like the next map will be ship based).
- Stationary turrets and cannon placements may appear in future maps.
- Destructible objects are planned to open up new passageways in maps.
- New Easter Eggs will be in future maps.
- Current worlds could see more than one map.
- Vehicles could be seen in vehicle based maps in the future.
New in game Features:
- The ability to dial the gate is being developed.
- Clan match support being considered.
- More factions are being planned.
- Report abuse system being implemented into SGR. Works by writing short description of an incident and submitting it to DCG ingame.
- New classes are being discussed.
- Friends system being added to the lobby.
- Tutorial system being added to help new players in SGR.
- DCGs vision for the next 6 months: More characters customization, more maps, more map types, less bugs and more eye candy.
- There are plans to redesign the Heads up display (HUD) and User Interface (UI).
- Mini map is being considered (not likely to be seen until a UI redesign).
- No plans for an ingame database.
- No single player mode for SGR.
- Server management tools are in the development.
- No plans for ingame voice communication.
- Lobby chat will be added in the future.
- Iconic SG characters could appear in SGR in the form of a Hero class, over the radio or just as references like General Carter.
- Clan servers are being worked on.
- No plans for a SGR map editor.
- Alternative language support being developed.
- Next Patch will see bug fixes and polishing of the game.
- Stargate Resistance merchandise being designed.
- European Servers are still high priority.
- RPG elements to be added to SGR: Active and passive abilities and unlockables.
- SGR advertisement could appear on SyFy and MGM (likely meaning in DVDs), advertisement will likely appear in other ways beyond TV.
- Another Free Play event is being considered.
- SGR in game music will be downloadable of the SGR website in the future (unknown if it will be free or have a fee).
- A boxed version of SGR is being considered. Could be seen as early as November.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.