Microsoft outline Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusives
- The first Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive announced was Forza Motorsport 7, the game is due to launch October 3rd. The game is set to feature more than 700 cars, and the game is set to run at a native 4K at 60fps, at least on the Xbox One X.
- The next Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive announced was State of Decay 2, an open world zombie game that has an emphasis on multiplayer co-op, and building and scavenging for materials. State of Decay 2 is set for a spring 2018 release.
- The next exclusive mentioned was Sea of Thieves, the game had being mentioned in previous E3 briefings, there were no major changes announced to the game, but a release date of early 2018 was announced.
- The next exclusive mentioned was Super Lucky’s Tale from Playful. The game is a Platformer and features a cartoon animal as its protagonist. The game looks like it could be a potential mascot character for console’s younger audience.
- The next exclusive mentioned was Cuphead, a run-and-gun game that is heavily inspired by cartoons of the 1930s. The game will be out September.
- The next exclusive mentioned was Crackdown 3. During the briefing, we got gameplay and a November 7th release date.
- The final exclusive announced on the night was Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest gas players embark on an all-new adventure to discover the mysteries beyond the forest of Nibel and unravel Ori’s true destiny.
While the games mentioned above are exclusive to Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. The following games are console launch exclusives, this means that the console versions of these games will first appear on the Xbox One. To make things easier to read, I will put them in bullet points.
- Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, an online battle royal-style survival game, the game is due out on Xbox One in late 2017.
- Ashen, an action RPG that is about a wanderer in search for a place to call home.
- The artful escape of Francis Vendetti, a video game about great expectations, famous folk singers, lingering shadows, space gods, hallucinogens, individuality, reptile shops and wild imaginations.
- Black Desert, a sandbox MMO that features full action combat.
- The Darwin Project, a competitive multiplayer third person survival experience.
- Deep Rock Galactic, a co-op voxel based game that involves space dwarves fighting, digging and exploring procedurally generated cave systems.
- The Last Night, a 2D cyberpunk open world game that involves branching dialogue and varied gameplay such as driving down highways, flying drones and hacking droids.
- Tacoma, a narrative game driven by isolation of outer space. You are on a mission to recover sensitive date from a space station that was mysteriously abandoned.
It is worth pointing out that none of the games listed could be categorised as exclusives, in the same way, PlayStation 4 exclusives are categorised, as all Xbox One exclusives are available for Windows 10 PC owners.
If you missed the briefing and all of its announcements, or want to watch it again. You can watch the Xbox E3 2017 briefing in the below video.