PlayStation VR launches October, price €399
Sony has announced that the PlayStation VR will launch in October 2016, and will cost €399/$399/£349.
The announcement was made during Sony’s PlayStation VR press event at GDC. Means that the PlayStation VR is considerably cheaper than other VR devices as the HTC Vive costs €899 and the Oculus Rift costs €699.
- Display: OLED
- Screen Size: 5.7″
- Resolution: 1920xRGBx1080 (960xRGBx1080 per eye)
- Refresh Rate: 120 Hz, 90 Hz#
- Sensors: 360 Degree Tracking / 9 LEDs
- Field of View: Approximately 100 degrees
- Latency: Less than 18 ms
- Control: Dual Shock 4 or PlayStation Move
- Audio: 3D
Regarding games for the machine, Sony has stated that 230 developers are working on content for the device.
For more information on the PlayStation VR, visit https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/explore/ps4/features/playstation-vr/.