Ghostlight to bring Mugen Souls to PC
Mugen Souls, which was originally brought to western markets in September 2012 by NIS America, focuses on Chou-Chou, the undisputed Goddess, and her attempt to conquer the universe by capturing seven planets, shimmering in seven colours.
The game’s main features are:
- Mugen Souls features a free-roaming battle map, turn-based combat, and massive amounts of customization and growth to maximize the fun players can have within the game.
- Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming the lands, so be cautious or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
- Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
- Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
- Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
- Duel in Dual Audio: Experience the game in either Japanese or English audio.
The PC version will feature mouse/keyboard and gamepad support and it will also include Steam achievements. There will also be several interface changes and major graphical enhancements.
For those curious about censorship, the Steam version will be the same as the European PlayStation 3 version. This means that certain mini-games and cutscenes, which appeared in the Japanese version, will be unavailable to PC users. The reason why certain aspects were removed is because the questionable nature of the game’s portrayal of the child protagonist.
Mugen Souls is the latest in what is becoming an ever-increasing list of JRPG titles appearing on PC via Steam. Previous to this announcement Ghostlight Games has released the Agarest: Generations of War series and Way of the Samurai 4 on Steam, and Idea Factory International has also released the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth series (Re; Birth 3 is not available yet on Steam), Fairy Fencer F and Amnesia Memories on Steam.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.