Homefront: The Revolution announced
Crytek has announced they have teamed up with Deep Silver to release Homefront: The Revolution. In Revolution, the battle to retake America goes to Philadelphia as the resistance attempts to take the city back from the unified Korean army.
The single player open world experience is not the only thing Crytek and Deep Silver are offering. Players will be able to go online and form your own resistance cells can become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.
Here are some of the game’s notable features:
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Homefront: The Revolution will be released in 2015 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux.
As a person who enjoyed the first game and the book that sets up the world, Homefront: The Voice of Freedom, I really hope we get some information on the characters from both. I am interesting in knowing what happened to Walker and his family.
For more information on Homefront: The Revolution, visit www.homefront-game.com.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.