Blizzard looks to the past for their new WoW expansion
During the BlizzCon 2013 opening ceremony, Chris Metzen revealed the latest World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor. This new expansion will see players travel back in time and experience one of the most pivotal moments in Warcraft history.
In the expansion players will travel through time to the world of Draenor – the home world of the Draenei and Orc races. In the expansion players will see the world before it was destroyed and turned into what is now the world known as Outland. While on the new world you will come across some Warcraft legends. These legends include: Grommash Hellscream, Blackhand, and Ner’zhul.
The new expansion will offer a host of new features, which includes:
- Explore a Savage World: Explore the hostile world of Draenor, home of the orc and draenei races, as it once existed, and adventure in all-new zones alongside characters central to Warcraft history.
- Build Your Garrison: Construct, command, and expand your own customizable stronghold on Draenor, and gather NPC followers to collect resources and embark on missions on your orders.
- Instantly Upgrade to Level 90: Boost one character of your choosing to be ready to adventure on Draenor, making it easier than ever to enjoy the latest content alongside your friends.
- New Player Character Art: Character models and animations for many of World of Warcraft’s existing playable races are being fully revamped in keeping with the game’s iconically epic style.
- Adventure to Level 100: Reach new heights of power and unlock bonuses to further enhance your abilities on your way to the new level cap of 100.
- …And More: Take on a wide array of Dungeons, Raids, Scenarios, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, and more—no matter what kind of content you enjoy, new adventures await.
After the announcement was made, more info regarding the expansion was released via the “World of Warcraft: What’s Next” panel. You can find what was discussed at the panel over at mmo-champion. From the sounds of things if you are a fan of World of Warcraft and its lore you might enjoy this expansion.
To learn more about Warlords of Draenor, visit http://www.battle.net/wow/warlords-of-draenor/.
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.