Aion 2.5 now out and 10 day free trial
Today sees the release of Aion 2.5 update known as Empyrean Calling. The new update sees new content and a graphical upgrade. With the updates release NCsoft also announced that players who wish to try out Aion will be able to get a 10 day free trial, that has me tempted to try out if the game has changed much since launch. If you choose to take up the free trial you are restricted to a max level of 20.
Also here is a list of the major updates in 2.5 that were announced in todays press release:
- Esoterrace Instance: Triumphing over the Esoterrace region deprives the Balaur of vital resources needed for Tiamat’s Army to continue the war.
- Empyrean Crucible: The fast-paced battle arena where groups challenge 10 stages of enemies, each containing 5 successively difficult rounds. Who will be strong enough to survive?
- Graphics Updates: An optional upgrade, the new superior graphics engine option adds additional support for high-end graphics cards. When enabled, this setting offers brighter lighting, improved shading and textures. In addition an improved in-game map system offers clearer visuals and increased interactivity.
- News Skills and PvP Gear: Players will enjoy two new skills – Skill book and Stigma skills – and four custom skillsthat were added to each class. And while the new Eternal grade PvP armor sets and weapons (Asmodians can acquire the Archon Brigade General’s and Elyos the Guardian Brigade General’s set) cost a significant amount of Abyss points and Platinum Medals, players will immediately find they were well worth the investment.
- Mentor System: Help out fellow players who are at least 10 levels lower than you through a mutually beneficial arrangement, leading to rewards for everyone involved.
- Improved Character Customisation: Select from new face and body presets available, then change facial expression and shapes during character creation. New character animations and upgraded emotes have been added for an extra touch of style.
- Pet System Improvements: Adopt new pets through quests and new instances. Interact with pets through new emotes making them happier. Happy pets give gifts! Pets also have special functionality of their own which allow them to hold food, drink, and magic items to use automatically on its masters. Further more pet can now loot automatically — no more looting drudgery!
- Legion Expansions: Maximum Legion levels and ranks have increased from 3 to 5, with each level affording increases to maximum member caps and an expansion in the space in a Legion’s warehouse. New legion cloaks sport a re-tailored, bold new shape with new customisation options.
Also here are some screenshots that show of Aion 2.5:
Author: Aaron Meehan
Hi, I’m the creator of SG Gaming Info. When I’m not working on my writing or creating content for this site’s YouTube channel, I like to relax and enjoy character driven story games.